The information provided on this and other pages by me, Simone Rhea (srhea.1994@gmail.com), is under my own personal responsibility. Similarly, any opinions expressed are my own and I do not claim any rights over third-party works. Please do not copy anything from this site without permission. If you want to use any information, please contact me. Contact details can be found in the About Me page to the right. If I give permission, an acknowledgement of the blog must be stated clearly. Thank you.

Thursday 14 August 2014

Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth (plus a bit about the film version)

Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant

I heard about this series a few years ago; so, with the intention of reading them soon, I purchased all three and... Forgot about them! The flaw of a Kindle. I was always wanting to give myself the time to read them, but without the physical copy to draw me in I lacked the motivation. When the film was released, I put off watching it for as long as I could, vowing to read the book first. Then after months of delaying, because of reasons previously stated, I gave in and watched the film. And oh my God am I happy that I did! I was thrown into a world that was unique and cleverly portrayed, with the visual effects being outstanding. The storyline and characters were so strong that I had to find out what happened next after the credits began to roll. This was followed by three days of non-stop reading; with very minimal sleep but maximum awe over the story.

To be honest, I am glad I left it a few years until I had read this series. Why? I think that the story has such a strong moral message, that I got to appreciate the depth of it so much more now that I have experienced more of life. It just blew all other stories out of the water, that none can compete anymore! So at least I got to experience years of The Hunger Games being my favourite series before this one took over, rather than the cloud of Divergence looming over the Capitol world of Districts.

As you have probably gathered from the film trailer, if you loved The Hunger Games, or anything along that genre, then you will definitely be hooked on this trilogy. It involves; a futuristic society, that is captivating and yet very worrying; a very lovable female protagonist and supporting characters; and a series of events that will have you hooked. Full credit to the author for creating such depth to pretty much everything; her talent is just surreal... I am actually amazed by what she has achieved and how much the characters' and story stuck with me. I walked around the house in a trance for a solid day after finishing the trilogy, unable to return to reality!


I have gone through an emotional journey of discovery from reading this trilogy, and it has left be exhausted but pleased. I recommend it to everyone and anyone. I will now return to my hole, curl up into a ball, and just try to comprehend the masterpiece that is Divergent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment