The information provided on this and other pages by me, Simone Rhea (srhea.1994@gmail.com), is under my own personal responsibility. Similarly, any opinions expressed are my own and I do not claim any rights over third-party works. Please do not copy anything from this site without permission. If you want to use any information, please contact me. Contact details can be found in the About Me page to the right. If I give permission, an acknowledgement of the blog must be stated clearly. Thank you.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Someone Else’s Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts

This book costs 77p on Amazon – that in itself is enough to give it a go. The cheap price and fairytale title was all it took for me, and I was surprised at what I gained.
Someone Else’s Fairytale is an easy read; something you could read in the sun, during a break, or for an hour before bed. I couldn’t put it down though. It kept me coming back, yet not in the obsessive way The Hunger Games or similar books do, so I could still do other things during the day.
 
The story: Chloe Winters is a young girl, with a messed up family, who is trying to do well so she can forget about her past. You will love this character. Her sarcastic replies and actions in certain situations is the best part of the novel. The novel wouldn’t have worked if the character was anyone else, which you can probably say about any book, but oh well. When she becomes friends with a famous actor, Jason Vanderholt, her life changes dramatically as speculations are drawn. Chloe is a strong character, and this strength is great to read. She stands by her morals and doesn’t let Jason’s fame determine the relationship. You wish you could help her, although she handles everything fine on her own.

During this romantic story, there is a darker plot as her past is made present. You know that something is not right, with the author dropping little hints here and there, making you keep reading to find out the mystery.

Aside from this horrifying part, the story is very realistic. You will love the characters, especially Lori. You will feel connected to Chloe, wanting to help her and force things to turn out ok. You will be angry at the characters she is angry at. We have all been in at least one of her situations: heartbreak, loss of friendship, awkward moments when you just want to run away yet stay at the same time, jealousy… If you know love, you have been there.

Like I said before, this is an easy read and realistic. It paces itself out. Sometimes you have to wait for the situation to unfold. But this isn’t a bad thing, if anything it is a refreshing break from all-action romances. I’m not saying this is the best storyline you will read, but the romance is more like real life in a way (aside from the whole fame bit). You will want this to happen to you (aside from the heartbreak and horrible past). As you can probably tell there are two sides to this story – romance mixed with dread – but the romance is the majority, so if you want a light book to read this is the one for you.

I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars, because it kept me entertained and I enjoyed the characters. It is nothing compared to Nicholas Sparks, or similar authors, yet I think that this author is worth keeping an eye on for future releases. The book is refreshing to read as it is light, even during heavy scenes. There is a part near the end that shocked me, although I probably should have guessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment